Monday, February 8, 2010

TO DO: Get a Motorbike

December and January are beautiful in Ho Chi Minh City. On the best day the air is clean, the sky clear, there's a cool breeze, and I am wearing a light sweater. Now, it is February and the heat is back.

Right Now
Partly Cloudy
88° F
Feels Like: 91° F
Wind: From E at 12mph 

It's difficult to do more than one thing at a time in this weather. On Saturday, I walked from my apartment to eat some Pho, then to the store, then back to the apartment to prepare a meal and read. What sounds like a low-key, lazy day for most, is a back-breaking, sweat-stained, one foot in front of the other event for me. Walking more than five blocks is out of the question! Solution? A motorbike. Everyone's doing it, and quite frankly, I should too. 
Insert picture of ME


Now, at the top of my To Do list is "Buy a Motorbike," but I think I might rent one first just to make sure it's a good fit. My goal: helmet, motorbike, and license by the end of March. I'll do it! Just you wait and see. 

1 comment:

The General said...

Great idea! Riding on the back of scooters around Ho Chi Minh City, was one of my favorite memories of my brief time there.

I actually enjoyed it so much that I bought a scooter when I got back to the States! Fun times!