Friday, April 2, 2010

Khao Lak and Similan Islands

My first stop during Spring Break Adventure 2010 was Khao Lak. Khao Lak is about an hour, and hour and a half drive from Phuket, Thailand, and I wanted to get out of Phuket as quickly as possible (the tickets were cheap), so I chose Khao Lak based on Mike Murphy's recommendation. Dyana Wilson was my cohort in crime for this adventure because Michael wanted to stay home and save some money for our European excursion this summer, so Dyana and I flew from HCMC to Phuket with relaxation on the bill.

Khao Lak isn't much to scream and shout about, but our hotel was right on the beach and the Similan Islands are only a 1 1/2 hour boat trip away. My point is, if you have the opportunity to visit Thailand, you must visit the Similan Islands. I've vacationed in Thailand numerous times because I love it and the tickets from Viet Nam are cheap, but I've never seen such beautiful water or snorkeled without the fear of jellyfish "spicy pop-pop" stings. The Similan Islands are,quite frankly, paradise, and although Dyana and I only spent one day enjoying the beaches and snorkeling, I am going back, tomorrow, if possible. Ok, well maybe not tomorrow, but soon.

No comments: