Wednesday, December 30, 2009

One Explorer and One Hurt Back

On Christmas Eve, we planned to take a trip to the waterfalls and eat dinner while watching the sunset, but instead I spent the day in bed recovering from a back injury while Michael went out on three hour adventures, returning with food and tea to check in on me. The pictures taken below are snapshot of his adventures and a quick glance of the panoramic view from my bed.


The sunset from the slopes of Phu Si.


Michael's spiritual awakening on Phu Si, or at least that's what it looks like.


Luang Prabang, Laos



Wat Tham Phu Si


A view of the communist bridge from the summit of Phu Si.


Tourists a plenty!


The magnolia-laced climb to the temples at sunset.



Joined by many on the climb up Phu Si.

Yet another Wat (temple).


The beginning of the ascent.


I pulled a muscle in my back and couldn't move for two days, so this was my view.


I stocked up on books, medication, and ginger tea from the night market to ease the pain. Thankfully, Michael brought me street food and goodies from JoMa. I was so thankful he took care of me and was able to have an adventure of his own. Thanks, Michael. I always think you're the best, but on this trip, you outdid yourself.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

nice pictures!!!!!