Thursday, August 14, 2008

When I Say Jump...


Welcome to English 10, 11, and A.P. Language! I have sixteen desks set up in the infamous horse-shoe and depending on the day, eight to sixteen students fill the desks in five different classes--this is where the magic happens! 

In the picture above you can see my windows and if you look outside of my windows, this is what you will see... beautiful. 

My students are the most a-Mazing students and people I have ever met. Most of them speak three languages fluently and one language so-so. They come from all over the world, they are respectful, they listen, they laugh at appropriate times. Most importantly, they laugh at my dumb jokes. They are ready to learn every day, and they say goodbye and thank you when class is over. I think someone replaced my students with robots. Amazing robots! I am grateful to be teaching at this school, it is such a welcomed change. I have enough time to ask my students to write, to correct their papers, to engage in discussion, essentially, to teach. 
The photo to the left is of our atrium. This is where the kids hang out before/after school and at lunch. Our lunch is catered by Black Cat and is delicious. I could not eat the full meal they provide, but they do have Pho and smoothies, which I (as I previously hinted at) am addicted to.
The field and trees in this picture are located at the front of our school. I park my bike right outside this area and am able to enjoy the scenery before class begins. So, to sum it all up I am very content. And thank God for Imodium AD!















3 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds like a dream job with dream kids... .WOW, thats AMAZING!
have you busted out the monkey roll yet?

The Rev. Lindsay Lunnum said...

Hmmm. Sounds like you've got Stepford Students. Watch out!

I'm so glad things are going well for you. What a cool adventure (bugs and all).

Sandy B. said...

Will you use the same questions to open up your classes as you did at Camas or do you think you'll find different cultural ques for your new environment?

-Fan of KJ