Sunday, August 10, 2008

New Bike=A Whole New World

If you're viewing this blog you either know me or find me absolutely fascinating. Since your reasoning probably leans toward the first, hello and welcome! I, Karinna Elizabeth Jones, am living in Ho Chi Minh (Saigon) teaching at Saigon South International. This is my first International teaching position, so I'm experiencing the emotional and intellectual equivalent of an adolescent with too many pixie styx. (Side note)I cannot say I'm a true fan of the blog-sphere, but e-mailing multiple people everyday is quite a job, so here I am. And even though I am trying to down play my acceptance and addiction to this blog, I was so focussed on downloading pictures that I just burned a pot of rice. 

First off, I miss you. I miss everything about you, so I had to go purchase a bike and see the land, Vietnam-my new home, so I could stop missing you. My bike, seen below, is the new love of my life (sorry Michael). I plan on riding her to school, around Phu My Hung, the area where I live, and to town. I took the 102 bus to District 1 and rode her all the way home with three Australian 
friends of mine. On the way home we stopped for some food and a few drinks, so we could sit down, breathe a little, and admire our new purchase. We-Angela, Mal, Julie and I-biked home to finish our readings and syllabi before the big day (first day of class) Tuesday!

My bike is truly exciting, but so is my living space! This is My Cahn. I live in 5-2A above a Korean Herbal Remedy Shop, across from a park, and right around the corner from my favorite Pho restaurant. The staff at the Pho restaurant know me by name. I can't stay away: pho for breakfast,pho for second breakfast, pho for lunch, pho for second lunch. I'm a hobbit for pho.


This is the front of My Cahn. There are quite a few kids who live in this complex, so we have swings in my front yard, and there's noting better than a swing and an ice-cream cone. I'm still searching for the ice-cream cone.







Below is the park across the way from my apartment. I haven't had a moment to sit down and enjoy the lovely view, but I'm sure I will soon. P.S. I've been hanging out with a bunch of Australians, so read this with an Australian accent, it sounds better!


I love you. Yes, this means all of you, so keep in touch and let me know when you're getting married, having children, going camping...

5 comments:

chama said...

KJ, I love your new silver bike, looks ready for going to the market. Can't wait to read more installments of the MAP blog.

hugs,
chama

Bridges said...

Jones~

I will be thinking about you on your first day of school. Remember, "Of all the things in the world, this is what we picked to do...??"

Miss you!
Bridges

Unknown said...

your new bike is FAB! And so are you.... go change the world Jonesy....
I want more blog more pictures more you....

Jami

Sandy B. said...

I really enjoy your writing style, m'dear. Thanks for staying in touch...I'll try to do the same.

Robyn said...

Hey Karina,
I did this once but I am not sure if it worked (this new stuff is hard for me).
I just wanted to wish you well and to say how fun it was to read your blog and view the cool pictures. I am so happy for you and will remember you in my prayers. You go girlfriend!
Love you
Robyn