Thursday, May 14, 2009

Flight

My mother sent me a light blue canon camera for my birthday, so I've been on a picture spree for the last few weeks. Thanks, Mom! The camera is fantastic. With close to five weeks left before my departure from Vietnam, I've been enjoying my time here, focussing on the small and significant. I've spent most of my time in Saigon, in my classroom. This is a shot of my classroom sans students. They were taking their A.P. exam, so I was able to dance around the room all by myself.


The old school desks tip over when you sit on top or wiggle around. Beware!


A sky shot from the fourth floor of Saigon South International. The rainy season brings contrasting clouds and a vibrant sky.


Saigon Cat Walk


Where is your cultural stress level? I often find myself wading in acceptance. "Yeah, it's all ok, I'll get by." I think it's the PNW gal in me. My friend Anton is from the south, which means, as he says, mock, mock, mock... The chart is from a health class, painted quite a few years ago, but throughout the year it has kept me company as I chart my culture shock progress and setbacks. If you have culture shock stories, share! Miss you all! Love, Karinna

1 comment:

s.i. michaels said...

Ooo, I love that chart--so, so true. So having 5 wks left--does that mean 5 weeks total or you'll be heading back in August?