Friday, May 15, 2009

OM

Three times a week I take a half an hour cab ride to District 1 at 5:30 to attend a yoga class taught at Saigon Yoga. Bright, airy, light music, wood floors, tall, long windows… I know I’m going to sound like the Eat, Pray, Love chick but yoga has made my life better in Vietnam. When I do yoga, it’s not graceful. They don’t have air conditioning so I spend much of the time sweating profusely and my loud donkey breaths disturb the sinewy pretzel next to me, but again…life changing. The meditative focus, the heat, the muted sounds of dogs whining and horns honking outside, and the people bending their bodies for individual reasons, uniting in the sound of “om/aum” makes me at peace with the world and peace is something I’ve found difficult to come by in HCMC. When you come to visit me in Saigon, we will go to Saigon Yoga and you can meet my wonderful teacher, Michelle. You will like her, and you will like yoga. I said, you will like yoga!




Address:10F Nguyen Thi Minh Khai District 1 Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Phone numbers:Studio: 090 835 2265 or 08 3 910 5181 Inquiries in English: 090 835 2265 or 090 318 3248Inquiries in Japanese: 0122 317 7814 Inquiries in Vietnamese: 0906 432 306

No comments: