Sunday, May 3, 2009

Man on the Ledge





I was starting my yoga practice at night when, ten minutes into the downward dog, I saw a man standing, rope in hand on my balcony. Startled, I stood up, smiled, walked over to the window and closed the curtains. I thought two things, he's either working on the apartment or checking the fire escape, which oddly enough consists of a rope and anchor--old school fire escape. I went back to my yoga.

Michael walked out of the guest room after a guitar session, put on his shoes and told me he was going to the store. "Ok," I said "but would you mind checking on the guy standing on the balcony." Michael walked outside, chatted with the stranger for only a moment, popped back inside and grabbed the camera. "What are you doing?" I asked. "You don't see this everyday," he said.

No comments: